Philadelphia Memory Care
Helping hands and caring hearts are just a phone call away.
PPH provides residential memory care in Philadelphia, PA. Our memory care unit, The Chapters Program, provides specialized care to seniors living with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease or other conditions that impact memory. Take a tour of PPH to learn more about The Chapters Program and see what makes our memory care facility one of the best.
Click below for our current resident activity calendar:
What is Memory Care?
Memory care is a specialized type of care offered to seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other types of memory impairment. Memory care residents are often confused and have a tendency to wander. Our Philadelphia memory care facility is designed to address the individual needs of those in need of dementia care, Alzheimer’s care, or other disorders related to memory loss in a residential setting. Our memory care unit is architecturally designed to accommodate resident’s needs. Our staff are trained to serve and recognize the physical, social and spiritual needs of our residents with structured programs emphasizing self-dignity are designed to enhance overall quality of life.
Memory Care Services and Amenities
The Chapters program at PPH provides a safe and secure living environment designed with meaningful activities to enrich resident’s lives. Our Certified Dementia Activity Coordinator strategically puts together a memory care calendar filled with events and activities specifically planned to boost our resident’s confidence, and help provide them with a sense of purpose. Some of our memory care activities include trivia, word games, stretching activities, musical activities and much more. You can rest assured your loved ones are receiving the best quality of care when they become part of our PPH Family. The Chapters program also has a range of community services and amenities, along with some services and amenities unique to our Philadelphia memory care facility.
- Secured living environment
- Increased staff-to-resident ratio
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, eating and mobility
- Nursing personnel on-site
- Specially designed recreational activities
- Monthly support group meetings for families
- Outdoor, screened porch
- and more!
View a full list of our memory care services and amenities.
All inclusive, No Entrance Fee, No Application Fee
If you would like to learn more about The Chapters program at our Philadelphia memory care community, please feel free to reach out with any questions. We find that the best way to get to know our community is to come in for a tour and see first-hand how our PPH Family operates.
Q: Who Pays for Memory Care?
There are many ways to pay for memory care services depending on needs, preferences and available funding. Some of the most common ways residents pay for memory care are:
- Private Pay: This type of payment is just what it sounds like. Private pay is using family income, savings, life insurance, reverse mortgages, or other forms of personal finances
- Veterans Benefits: The Veterans Administration provides financial support to veterans, and surviving spouses in need of memory care services
Q: How do I know if my parent or loved one needs memory care services?
If your parent or loved one has not been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, or a form of dementia, but you think they may need memory care services, you should consult a doctor. Some questions to consider are:
- Do they have trouble solving problems?
- Are they able to perform normal daily tasks?
- Do they have a hard time remembering names or faces or friends or family members?
- Can they recall recent conversations?
- Are they forgetting to pay bills, take medicine, or eat meals?