As a nonprofit organization, we take great pride in our commitment to continually enhance programs and services and improve the well-being of our residents. Our mission, to provide a caring senior living community that gives residents the opportunity to live their highest possible quality of life, has helped countless people over the last 130-plus years.
Our ability to innovate, maintain excellence, and facilitate change is a growing expense that depends largely on the philanthropic support from generous individuals, corporations, and foundations – for which we thank you wholeheartedly!
Ways to Give
- Tribute Giving – Commonly given in memory of or in honor of loved ones. We also memorialize tributes in the form of engraved bricks placed along the walkway in our garden.
- Planned or “Legacy” Giving – A planned gift is a donation that earns an income during the donor’s lifetime and is received by PPH after the donor’s death. These gifts primarily come in the form of a bequest or through a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA). Donors who make planned gifts are visionaries and are inducted as members of The Heritage Society of PPH.
- Employee Giving Program (Adopt-a-Resident) – Each year a growing number of employees give back to PPH by contributing a portion of their earnings through payroll deduction to give back to the area of greatest need, Benevolent Care, or make a gift to the Adopt-A-Resident program. Adopt-A-Resident helps pay for everyday essentials such as toiletries, pajamas, slippers and clothing for residents in Personal Care who often are receiving Benevolent Care and need additional support.
- Grants – From time to time PPH receives grants to support capital projects, and non-budgeted programs and equipment.
- PPH Special Events – Each year we host major fundraising event with an exciting theme. The event offers sponsorship opportunities on the corporate and patron level, as well as a raffle drawing and live and silent auctions. Our special event further enhances our partnership with corporate partners and area businesses.
- Amazon Smile – When you shop on www.amazonsmile.com and designate “The Philadelphia Protestant Home” as your charitable organization, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to PPH.
- Matching Gifts – Many employers match charitable contributions made to PPH. When making a donation, be sure to check with your employer’s Human Resources department to ask if they match gifts and what steps they require.
The Bergdoll Society
The Bergdoll Society, established in 2005, recognizes donors who have given contributions toward our spring and fall appeals, tribute and guardian angel gifts, and gifts through our employee giving program that total $500 or more as well as loyal donors who have given to PPH for the past 10 or more consecutive years. The Society is named for Elizabeth Bergdoll whose bequest of $15,000 in 1898 was used to purchase land that today is our beautiful, expansive senior living community!
View our 2020 annual report, Crisis | Connection, to learn how contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations impact the PPH mission.
For more information on ways to give to PPH, please call our Fund Development department at 215-697-8586 or DONATE NOW through our secure donation form. For tax purposes, PPH’s Identification number is 23-1396804