Ways to Give
PPH conducts appeals twice a year to current donors, residents, and resident families. Some of our friends can give only a one-time heartfelt donation. Many of our donors choose to make regular (monthly/annual) donations. Every dollar donated is greatly appreciated.
While PPH gratefully accepts the transfer of stock or bonds and donated real estate, the most common way to give is by cash or check. This type of outright donation provides immediate flexibility for PPH and generates a charitable income tax deduction for the donor in the year of the gift. Please make checks payable to “The Philadelphia Protestant Home.” PPH also accepts one-time and monthly recurring donations using our secure donation form here.
Ways to Give
- Tribute Giving – Commonly given in memory of or in honor of loved ones. We also memorialize tributes in the form of engraved bricks placed along the walkway in our garden.
- Planned or “Legacy” Giving – A planned gift is a donation that earns an income during the donor’s lifetime and is received by PPH after the donor’s death. These gifts primarily come in the form of a bequest or through a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA). Donors who make planned gifts are visionaries and are inducted as members of The Heritage Society of PPH.
- Employee Giving Program (Adopt-a-Resident) – Each year a growing number of employees give back to PPH by contributing a portion of their earnings through payroll deduction to give back to the area of greatest need, Benevolent Care, or make a gift to the Adopt-A-Resident program. Adopt-A-Resident helps pay for everyday essentials such as toiletries, pajamas, slippers, and clothing for residents in Personal Care who often are receiving Benevolent Care and need additional support.
- Grants – From time to time PPH receives grants to support capital projects, and non-budgeted programs and equipment.
- PPH Special Events – Each year we host a major fundraising event with an exciting theme. The event offers sponsorship opportunities on the corporate and patron level, as well as a raffle drawing and live and silent auctions. Our special event further enhances our partnership with corporate partners and area businesses.
- Amazon Smile – When you shop on www.amazonsmile.com and designate “The Philadelphia Protestant Home” as your charitable organization, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to PPH.
- Matching Gifts – Many employers match charitable contributions made to PPH. When donating, be sure to check with your employer’s Human Resources department to ask if they match gifts and what steps they require.
The Bergdoll Society
The Bergdoll Society, established in 2005, recognizes donors who have given $500 or more in the previous calendar year as well as loyal donors who have contributed for the past ten or more consecutive years. The Society is named for Elizabeth Bergdoll whose bequest of $15,000 in 1898 was used to purchase land that today is our beautiful, expansive senior living community!
For more information on ways to give to PPH, please call our Fund Development Department at 215-697-8586, email Development@PPHFamily.org, or download a copy of our Gracious Giving Brochure.
PPH’s federal tax identification number is 23-1396804.