PPH receives recognition from the Lawncrest Community Association
The Philadelphia Protestant Home (PPH) was recognized at the April meeting of the Lawncrest Community Association (LCA) as the Business of the Month. PPH received this recognition to demonstrate the LCA’s appreciation of our consistent support of numerous initiatives in the community. Here are just a few examples of our support with the Lawncrest Community:
- Major supporter of the Fourth of July Celebration (the only neighborhood fireworks display in the City of Philadelphia)
- Providing space for meetings and events free of charge to numerous community, church, school and civic organizations
- Use of PPH Social Hall for Fourth of July Celebration Fundraisers
- Free Summer Concerts in our air-conditioned Social Hall
- Providing home meal delivery service through the Northeast Meals on Wheels Program
- Community access for seniors to the PPH Wellness & Aquatic Center
- Offering intergenerational and tutoring programs to children in the community
- Hosting blood drives and an Annual Wellness Symposium
- Providing Benevolent Care and uncompensated medical care
- Charitable contributions to local organizations in their support of the community
Our commitment is to reinvest our resources to improve the well-being of not only our residents, but also the larger community. Please take a look at our Annual Report for a full listing of our Community Benefit.
Article submitted by Bill Conaway.