Free Activity Ideas
Here at PPH, we understand that many of our residents and friends in the greater community may be in search of free activities to help pass the time while we’re all practicing safe social distancing in the midst of the COVID-19 health crisis.
We’ve collected the following ideas and wanted to share with you all.
Educational/lifelong learning/cultural stimulation:
- Viewing online museums
- Free live opera audio streams
- Resources for online courses, books, etc.
- Giant Panda Cam (National Zoo)
- Cincinnati Zoo offers the community to stay connected to their favorite animals while it is closed through the Home Safari Facebook Live sessions, which will be weekdays starting at 3 p.m. Monday, 3/16. The first session featured Fiona the hippo. The sessions will highlight the animals as well as provide an activity that can be done while at home.
- San Diego Zoo
- Fast Company article featuring different options
- 450 Ivy League courses you can take online right now for free
- Wildlife cams
- Free Meditation options: here or here
- Church services
- Shabbat services
- Planet Fitness
- Silver Sneakers (Free access to exclusive classes for yoga, cardio, balance and more. Learn more about SilverSneakers, the no-cost gym membership for baby boomers.)
- Fitness studios streaming workout classes
- Free yoga classes