To our residents and their family and friends:
Due to the high number of COVID cases in the city of Philadelphia, PPH is currently CLOSED to outside visitors at this time.
PPH has a family portal that provides timely communications regarding updates for our families and power-of-attorneys of our residents. If you are a family member or power-of-attorney of a PPH resident, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this communication.
Information about the COVID-19 Vaccine:
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has made recommendations regarding those who should receive priority for the vaccines. Based on their recommendations, many states, including Pennsylvania, prioritize long-term care residents and healthcare workers.
PPH has partnered with CVS to manage and distribute the vaccine. CVS is one of the government-contracted pharmacies that will provide on-site vaccines and clinics.
Our first clinic took place on January 6 with the follow up clinics scheduled for January 27 and February 17. PPH personal care and skilled nursing residents received the first dose of the vaccine as well as PPH staff.
Our independent living residents are not considered to be in the first group receiving the vaccine. This first group includes: nursing homes and assisted living/personal care home residents and staff. The article below helps to outline the vaccination phases. Most of our independent living residents will fall into the “1b” category.
Below is a link to the CDC vaccine information website:
Below is a link to the CVS vaccine information website:
PPH is currently closed to all visits at this time.
What we are doing to keep our community safe:
- Enhanced cleaning
- Utilization of the Clorox Total 360 System which uses electrostatic technology to ensure proper disinfectant coverage of all surfaces in the community common areas
- All staff wearing masks
- All staff working in personal care and skilled nursing wearing additional PPE
- All residents wearing masks when outside of their residences
- No communal dining at this time. When opened, the dining spaces will be set up to maintain proper social distancing
- Continued education for our residents and staff regarding safety protocols to reduce and eliminate transmission of the virus
- Digital thermometers distributed to all independent living residents
- Daily temperature checks for staff
- Regular temperate checks of our residents
- All skilled nursing and personal care residents tested for COVID-19
- All staff that work in the skilled nursing and personal care areas of PPH tested for COVID-19
- Staff meetings held virtually or in an area that allows for proper social distancing
The CDC has made several recommendations to reduce the potential for the virus to enter our buildings. PPH is following those recommendations. These include strict hand washing procedures, practicing social distancing, wearing face masks, wearing additional PPE such as gowns, masks, face shields and gloves in our Personal Care and Pathways Skilled Nursing buildings.
In addition, PPH is following guidance from our local and state health departments. For the most up-to-date information on this topic, please visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/covid19.
- Click the link below to view the current City of Philadelphia Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Health lists of hot spot states: https://www.phila.gov/programs/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/updates/
Please watch the below video that celebrates the heroes of our community.