To our residents and their family and friends:
UPDATED INFORMATION RELATED TO PPH’S INFECTION PREVENTION METHODS AND OUR RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
As per the latest CDC guidelines, masks are ENCOURAGED but NOT REQUIRED by residents and visitors in our independent living area of the community.
Masks are STILL REQUIRED in Personal Care and Pathways Skilled Nursing.
IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WHO IS SICK, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM VISITING.
IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT FOR 10 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE POSITIVE TEST.
PPH common areas, including the Tabor Market, Gift Shop, Fountain Room and dining areas are now OPEN to guests.
Below are our current visiting status and guidelines for the different areas of our community:
PPH is now OPEN to visits for our independent living residents.
- A maximum of four (4) visitors will be allowed to visit at one time in the resident’s apartment.
- There is no need to call ahead, you can arrive at PPH and let the security guard at the Welcome Booth know who you are visiting.
- Visitors are now permitted to spend the night in the resident’s apartment. Guest suites are NOT currently available.
Personal Care, including Chapters Memory Care is currently OPEN to in-room visits. Two visitors are permitted at one time.
Pathways Skilled Nursing is currently OPEN to in-room visits. Two visitors are permitted in the resident’s room at one time to allow for safe social distancing.
You DO NOT need to call ahead to schedule your visit, however recommended visit times are 10am-7:30pm.
Google Duo video calls are also available. To schedule your Google Duo video call, please send an email to email@example.com.
The following is what to expect when you arrive on campus:
- Visitors will be subject to to the current COVID protocol for entry, which include, but are not limited to:
- having your temperature taken before the visit
- properly wearing a mask (with both mouth and nose covered)
- social distancing at all times
- completing a visitor screening form
- Pets are allowed on-campus. PPH’s pet policy requires a copy of vaccination records prior to the visit. Guests must keep pets on a leash at all times.
- Visitors will be allowed to bring and give the resident(s) groceries, gifts and flowers during the visit.
PPH has a family portal that provides timely communications regarding updates for our families and power-of-attorneys of our residents. If you are a family member or power-of-attorney of a PPH resident, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this communication.
Information about the COVID-19 Vaccine:
Below are helpful links regarding the latest regarding COVID-19 and the vaccine:
What we are doing to keep our community safe:
- Enhanced cleaning
- Utilization of the Clorox Total 360 System which uses electrostatic technology to ensure proper disinfectant coverage of all surfaces in the community common areas
- All staff wearing masks
- All staff working in personal care and skilled nursing wearing additional PPE
- All residents wearing masks when outside of their residences
- No communal dining at this time. When opened, the dining spaces will be set up to maintain proper social distancing
- Continued education for our residents and staff regarding safety protocols to reduce and eliminate transmission of the virus
- Digital thermometers distributed to all independent living residents
- Daily temperature checks for staff
- Regular temperate checks of our residents
- All skilled nursing and personal care residents tested for COVID-19
- All staff that work in the skilled nursing and personal care areas of PPH tested for COVID-19
- Staff meetings held virtually or in an area that allows for proper social distancing
The CDC has made several recommendations to reduce the potential for the virus to enter our buildings. PPH is following those recommendations. These include strict hand washing procedures, practicing social distancing, wearing face masks, wearing additional PPE such as gowns, masks, face shields and gloves in our Personal Care and Pathways Skilled Nursing buildings.
In addition, PPH is following guidance from our local and state health departments. For the most up-to-date information on this topic, please visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/covid19.
- Click the link below to view the current City of Philadelphia Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Health lists of hot spot states: https://www.phila.gov/programs/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/updates/
Please watch the below video that celebrates the heroes of our community.