Five No-commitment Ways to Test-drive a Community
Are you considering a move to a retirement community for the next chapter of your life, but not sure where, when or how to take the next step? It’s a big move, and you want to make sure you’ve chosen well before you make a decision. But you also don’t want to wait too long. Fortunately, there are quite a few ways to take a senior living community for a spin so that you can get a feel for life there – without getting locked in. At Philadelphia Protestant Home (PPH), we offer a number of no-commitment ways for you to get to know us and see if we’re the perfect fit for you.
- Attend an event. At PPH, we offer a variety of fascinating events that are open to the public. Some are focused on the move process – like downsizing seminars or real estate workshops. Some are centered around health and wellness. Other events are just fun – like our summer concert series and outings to Philly ball games. You’ll especially want to watch our website for news about our annual flea market. The whole community turns out for this hugely popular buying extravaganza, where you can find amazing treasures for very little cash. And it’s all for a good cause – The PPH Benevolent Fund.
- Work out in our fitness center. Here at PPH , it’s not just residents who can use our fitness center and take land and aquatic classes. We open our doors to adults 40 and over out in the greater community who want to get fit and healthy in a safe, comfortable environment. Our fitness center boasts state-of-the-art equipment and includes a heated, half-Olympic sized, handicap-accessible pool and men and women’s locker rooms. Come work out and get to know our friendly residents and staff while making progress towards your fitness and wellness goals! For more information about joining our Wellness & Aquatics Center, call 215-697-8000.
- Join us for a cup of joe. Our new “Coffee and Chat” sessions offer the perfect way to explore our community. Join us in an informal atmosphere where you’ll hear about our many amenities and have plenty of time to ask questions about life at PPH, all while enjoying a warming cup of java and delicious refreshments.
- Take a break in respite care. Our respite care program offers short-term stays in our personal care area, where guests enjoy all of the amenities of PPH. Respite care gives families the security of knowing that their loved one is being cared for by welcoming, experienced team members while they’re away on a trip, and it allows residents to experience life at PPH before making a final decision. Many respite care residents like PPH so much that they end up making it their permanent residence.
- Get a taste of PPH over a meal. Before you move to a community, it’s very important to make sure that the food suites your palate. At PPH, we offer four delicious dining venues, including The Bistro@6500, Main at Martins Mill, The Café and Scoops. Give us a call to let us know you’re coming, then bring a friend and join us for a casual or formal bite crafted by our talented chefs.
The great thing about taking the no-commitment route to experiencing life at PPH is that you don’t have to choose just one event or program. We invite you to try several or all of the options listed here. The more areas of PPH you explore, the better you’ll get know if it’s the right community for you. Want to connect immediately? We invite you to give us a call at 215-697-8000 today to ask what’s happening this week, arrange your personal tour or arrange for a brochure to be mailed to you.